Skip to main content

The Best One Yet - Tea Talk

After a two week break, I'm back! Can you believe that it's already December? Where did the year go? I've been seeing quotes all over Instagram saying "May this last month of the year be your best one yet". I thought about it and there is some validity to that statement. This is the last month of the year and we should make it a good one, right?! But how do we make December our best month? How do we finish the year out strong?

In my usual fashion, I thought of a few things that I plan to do to make December 2019 a great closing to the year...

  • I plan to wrap up as many projects and lose ends as I can. I want to go into 2020 with a blank slate, which will leave me open to new projects and goals to focus on. For example, I'm currently working on three knitting projects. Yes ...three. I'm hoping to get those done before the year is over. 
  • I hope to get organized before going into the New Year. In general, I'm an organized person by nature but I do have a few things that I've been wanting to update, like my wedding planner, my spiritual journal, and my day-to-day planner. I'd like to head into the New Year with everything up-to-date, so I know exactly where I need to be and what I need to be doing. 
  • I hope to truly enjoy the Holiday Season. Thanksgiving was great, I got to spend time with my family and I hope that carry that over into December. This time is my favorite time of year, so this shouldn't be very hard but just for planning sake... I want to fully indulge in Holiday Music, make homemade cookies, have dinners/lunches with my close friends, spend time with my family and catch up on all the Holiday movies that have been stacking up on my DVR! I also have a few series that I've been watching that I hope to wrap up (The Soprano's & Friend's).
  • I'm also interested in thinking of some new Holiday Traditions to start and finalizing my realistic goals for the New Year.
All of which I plan to do without overextending myself of course. Each week, my plan is to make a to-do-list and slowly work through one thing at a time. The key is to go into the New Year feeling refreshed. And hey, if I don't get all of these things done, so what? No pressure. But a girl can dream right?

To anyone out there, I challenge you to figure out what you can do to make this last month meaningful! It can be big or small, but ask yourself, what will help you go into 2020 feeling good? Happy Holidays!

"May your days be Merry and Bright, and may all your Christmases be white" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Christian But ... - Tea Talk

Happy Tuesday to those who have taken the time to stop by my little corner of the internet!  Whelp, I'm about to get deep. Fair warning.  Recently, I have been thinking more & more about how awesome God is to love us despite our many flaws. He made us in his image and continues to love and protect us even though most days, we fall short.  My family has always been believers in God. While we may not have always been avid church goers, I have always known who God was and that everything I have is thanks to him. My Mom has always been a prayer warrior, and instilled in me very young to PRAY and seek God for everything. Every night I find her on her knees praying before bed. If I could describe an earthy Angel, it would be my Mom. Speaking of Angels, I think of my Paternal Grandfather, who we called Papa. He was a man of faith through & through, most of his days were spent reading his Bible, that he read front to back time and time again. As he got older, he would li...

The Art of Letting Go - Tea Talk

Happy Tuesday! Last week I finally did something I've been debating for months. I kept going back and forth in my mind. Should I do this? Do I really want to close that door for good? Is this super petty? The truth is, I'm big on closure and when I don't have any type of closure, I struggle moving on completely . My former friend of 4 years randomly walked out of my life over a year ago now. Yes, I was ghosted. And no, nothing happened to cause the ghosting. I really don't get how to you do that someone, especially after nothing happened? So again, back to closure. I deleted said-ghosted friend off of all social media platforms. I NEEDED closure and this was about the only way I was going to get any from her. I think the icing on the cake was her post 2-3 weeks ago that said something along the lines of "it's great having TRUE friends" . My thought was, as if the friends you had weren't "TRUE" enough, apparently you have moved on and now...

Here We Go

Hey there, friends! I'm Hil, and I am an Introverted twenty-something living in a small town. I am engaged to my high school sweetheart and a Mom to one cute fur ball pup. I love to organize, craft, plan, travel and enjoy life with my loved ones. I tend to have dry sarcastic humor, I never pass up donuts, I love vintage items, finding a good sale gives me life and I wish it was Christmas all year long. I have a huge heart but I can be sassy when needed and I am constantly working toward becoming the best version of myself. Some days I fall short, but I never stop striving towards getting where I want to be. We are all a work in progress, and that's okay! We all know that adulting is hard. After a long day at work, there are times where I’m so exhausted when I get home I don’t have much energy left to do the things I love, like knitting or reading a good book. There are other days when I am so stressed that it seems like the walls are closing in on me. Lately, I’ve bee...