Skip to main content

5 to 50 years from Now? - Tea Talk

Happy Hump Day! I've mentioned this before but I've been doing a lot of self reflection in order to set realistic goals for myself in 2020. In doing so, I have been reading (and watching) a lot on goal setting to find new ways to not just create goals, but to also stick to them and follow through! I am currently using a notebook specifically for goal setting. One of the articles I found asked such a loaded question, that I had to write it down in my journal so I could not only reflect but also, look back on what I wrote as I progress in creating new goals in the future.

The key is to create goals based off of what you want your life to look like in 5 years...and then in 50 years. Okay, that's a huge time gap, right?! When I first saw this question, I was like whoa... 50 years from now seems hard to picture. Sometimes 5 years from now is hard to grasp, let alone 50. But I excepted the challenge. I wrote this question down in my journal 3 weeks ago, and to be honest, I just answered it yesterday. That's how long it took me to think about it. I've been taking this whole goals thing seriously, so I'm going with the flow and doing what feels natural for me. My old mindset would've felt pressured to come up with a plan right then but nope, I took my time to really think about what I want my life to look like, so I can set meaningful goals to achieve that life.

So here I am, 3 weeks later, with an answer. For some reason I thought this answer had to be super in-depth but I've realized what I want out of my life is simple. Short but sweet. My 5 year plan looks the same as my 50 year plan, with the exception of the fact that I will be older and wiser lol. In 5 AND 50 years I want continue my spiritual growth/walk with God, I want to continue to strive to be a good person, and lastly, I want good health, happiness, & stability for myself, my husband-to-be, and our family. Yes, it took me 3 weeks to write that down. It's that simple. Because all the other stuff in life, is just stuff. By having those few things, everything else in life will fall into place. I asked my Fiancé this same question, and before telling him what I said, he said the same things I had written down which was pretty cool. No wonder I'm marrying this guy haha.

For me, I plan to continue to read my bible and lean on God for guidance in all things, I plan on continuing to be good to others and myself, and I plan to focus in on the important relationships in my life, such as my marriage so that we can continue to prosper. All of which are somewhat simple daily tasks that I already do, which will ultimately help me achieve the life I want to have. So with that being said, I challenge others to ask themselves the same question, and take time to really think about it. Once you have an answer, write it down, save it and hold yourself accountable to creating the life you want. From there, you can set goals that will get you there. This was one of the best questions I've asked myself this year and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. Anything in life that you want, you have to be willing to do the work to have those things. So why not start now?


"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

Comments

  1. Talk about a meaty question. Good answer. And 3 weeks or 3 months to answer doesn't matter. Big goals and ideas take time. Especially when deciding what they are. ~♥~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Christian But ... - Tea Talk

Happy Tuesday to those who have taken the time to stop by my little corner of the internet!  Whelp, I'm about to get deep. Fair warning.  Recently, I have been thinking more & more about how awesome God is to love us despite our many flaws. He made us in his image and continues to love and protect us even though most days, we fall short.  My family has always been believers in God. While we may not have always been avid church goers, I have always known who God was and that everything I have is thanks to him. My Mom has always been a prayer warrior, and instilled in me very young to PRAY and seek God for everything. Every night I find her on her knees praying before bed. If I could describe an earthy Angel, it would be my Mom. Speaking of Angels, I think of my Paternal Grandfather, who we called Papa. He was a man of faith through & through, most of his days were spent reading his Bible, that he read front to back time and time again. As he got older, he would li...

The Art of Letting Go - Tea Talk

Happy Tuesday! Last week I finally did something I've been debating for months. I kept going back and forth in my mind. Should I do this? Do I really want to close that door for good? Is this super petty? The truth is, I'm big on closure and when I don't have any type of closure, I struggle moving on completely . My former friend of 4 years randomly walked out of my life over a year ago now. Yes, I was ghosted. And no, nothing happened to cause the ghosting. I really don't get how to you do that someone, especially after nothing happened? So again, back to closure. I deleted said-ghosted friend off of all social media platforms. I NEEDED closure and this was about the only way I was going to get any from her. I think the icing on the cake was her post 2-3 weeks ago that said something along the lines of "it's great having TRUE friends" . My thought was, as if the friends you had weren't "TRUE" enough, apparently you have moved on and now...

Here We Go

Hey there, friends! I'm Hil, and I am an Introverted twenty-something living in a small town. I am engaged to my high school sweetheart and a Mom to one cute fur ball pup. I love to organize, craft, plan, travel and enjoy life with my loved ones. I tend to have dry sarcastic humor, I never pass up donuts, I love vintage items, finding a good sale gives me life and I wish it was Christmas all year long. I have a huge heart but I can be sassy when needed and I am constantly working toward becoming the best version of myself. Some days I fall short, but I never stop striving towards getting where I want to be. We are all a work in progress, and that's okay! We all know that adulting is hard. After a long day at work, there are times where I’m so exhausted when I get home I don’t have much energy left to do the things I love, like knitting or reading a good book. There are other days when I am so stressed that it seems like the walls are closing in on me. Lately, I’ve bee...