Skip to main content

Friday Favorites


It's Friday, which happens to be one of my favorite days of the week (aside from Sunday)! As I head into the weekend, it's a good time to reflect and think about the things that I'm loving. To kick off my second blog post, I am going to jump into my Friday Favorites series.

This week my favorite things and moments included:


  1. Making this blog!
  2. My fiancé and I have been somewhat binge watching Friends. Neither of us had watched the series before (I know, who hasn't seen Friends, right?) and we are loving it. Plus it's always fun to spend time with him 💗.
  3. My dog slept in til 5am most days this week, which may seem early still but typically he wakes up at 3-4am to go to the bathroom lol. It's okay, I'm use to it.
  4. Amazon Prime - which I love most weeks but this week I was struggling to figure out a birthday gift for my Dad and with the one day shipping, it was a total win. But when all else fails, can't wrong with a gift card (we can never have enough of those)!
  5. The Holy Bible App by YouVersion. Man this is a game changer. I've set a goal to read the entire bible, which can be a lot some days but this app is amazing because it reads the bible to you with the audio feature, so now I can listen while driving or at work if I have some down time. And it's Free, which is great.
  6. I know it's early but I've already started thinking of goals for 2020 and more effective ways to make sure I actually follow through with them. So one of my favorite moments this week was sitting down with one of my besties/co-worker and coming up with realistic, simple goals!
  7. The return of This is Us because I mean, the show is wonderful. Can't wait to see what this season has in store. But I'm also loving the return of all the Fall series (and reality tv haha).
  8. The arrival of Fall 🍁. This is by far my favorite season of all, so I am totally in my element even though it still sort of feels like Summer. Can't wait to bust out my sweaters and scarves, sip cider and head into the holiday season with my loved ones. Just thinking about it makes me smile.
  9. The new IOS 13 update, mainly loving the Memoji feature. So cool. I'm sure my family and friends will get sick of me sending those over & over again soon enough.
  10. Lastly, I'm taking engagement pictures with my fiancé tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

So, there we have it, my Friday Favorites! This list of things is unique to each person but what matters most is that they make us happy and give us a reason to smile. Like I said yesterday, I'm working on focusing on the simple joys of life and this is a good start. As I head into the weekend, I'm hoping for positive vibes and relaxation for all!


"It's Friday, time to go make stories for Monday."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Christian But ... - Tea Talk

Happy Tuesday to those who have taken the time to stop by my little corner of the internet!  Whelp, I'm about to get deep. Fair warning.  Recently, I have been thinking more & more about how awesome God is to love us despite our many flaws. He made us in his image and continues to love and protect us even though most days, we fall short.  My family has always been believers in God. While we may not have always been avid church goers, I have always known who God was and that everything I have is thanks to him. My Mom has always been a prayer warrior, and instilled in me very young to PRAY and seek God for everything. Every night I find her on her knees praying before bed. If I could describe an earthy Angel, it would be my Mom. Speaking of Angels, I think of my Paternal Grandfather, who we called Papa. He was a man of faith through & through, most of his days were spent reading his Bible, that he read front to back time and time again. As he got older, he would li...

The Art of Letting Go - Tea Talk

Happy Tuesday! Last week I finally did something I've been debating for months. I kept going back and forth in my mind. Should I do this? Do I really want to close that door for good? Is this super petty? The truth is, I'm big on closure and when I don't have any type of closure, I struggle moving on completely . My former friend of 4 years randomly walked out of my life over a year ago now. Yes, I was ghosted. And no, nothing happened to cause the ghosting. I really don't get how to you do that someone, especially after nothing happened? So again, back to closure. I deleted said-ghosted friend off of all social media platforms. I NEEDED closure and this was about the only way I was going to get any from her. I think the icing on the cake was her post 2-3 weeks ago that said something along the lines of "it's great having TRUE friends" . My thought was, as if the friends you had weren't "TRUE" enough, apparently you have moved on and now...

Here We Go

Hey there, friends! I'm Hil, and I am an Introverted twenty-something living in a small town. I am engaged to my high school sweetheart and a Mom to one cute fur ball pup. I love to organize, craft, plan, travel and enjoy life with my loved ones. I tend to have dry sarcastic humor, I never pass up donuts, I love vintage items, finding a good sale gives me life and I wish it was Christmas all year long. I have a huge heart but I can be sassy when needed and I am constantly working toward becoming the best version of myself. Some days I fall short, but I never stop striving towards getting where I want to be. We are all a work in progress, and that's okay! We all know that adulting is hard. After a long day at work, there are times where I’m so exhausted when I get home I don’t have much energy left to do the things I love, like knitting or reading a good book. There are other days when I am so stressed that it seems like the walls are closing in on me. Lately, I’ve bee...